The Selling Process
I will help you prepare, price, and market your home. I work hard for my clients and guarantee quality service and professionalism. You can count on me to be transparent and honest every step of the process. I’ll show your home to qualified buyers and skillfully negotiate on your behalf to secure the best price and the quickest closing.
Buyers are looking for the best, so a home for sale can easily slip through the cracks if minor housekeeping and maintenance tasks are forgotten. Use these 10 Tips For Selling Your House to whip your home into shape and wow potential buyers.
1. Improve your landscaping. Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression, so make sure your home's lawn is immaculate. Mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden and plant flowers.
2. Clean the outside. A sloppy exterior will make buyers think you've slacked off on interior maintenance as well. Be sure to clean the gutters and pressure wash your home's siding.
3. Make repairs. In a buyer's market, you want your home to be in the best condition possible. Take care of major defects like broken windows or a leaky roof that could discourage buyers.
4. Make the front door inviting. A fresh coat of paint, especially in a color that contrasts with the home, will make the front door stand out. Replace faded house numbers so buyers can see them from the curb.
5. Buy a new welcome mat. Let buyers know they're invited into your home.
6. Remove clutter and depersonalize. Buyers want to envision their belongings in your home. Clean up by renting a storage unit for knickknacks, photos, extra furniture and other personal items.
7. Organize closets and drawers. Messy closets give the appearance that your home doesn't have enough storage space.
8. Make every surface shine. From ceiling fans to floors and everything in between, clean your home until it sparkles.
9. Take color down a notch. You might like your lime-green bedroom, but it may sour buyers. Paint your walls a neutral color that will appeal to a wide range of buyers.
10. Eliminate bad odors. Hide the litter box and spray air neutralizer throughout your home. When showing the home, fill it with inviting smells by putting out fresh flowers and baking a batch of cookies.
If you're ready to sell your home, contact me for a market analysis. I'll assess your property and provide you with the most accurate market value for your home and I'll recommend the best ways to successfully market your property to qualified buyers. My goal will always to be to negotiate the best price for your valuable asset.
Tekee Wilkes, Realtor